Day 27 of my journey riding,
Started out later this morning. Talked with Doyle Warm Shower Host about his camper and he was checking out m uh bike seat.
Headed out and got off Rt 66 because of the traffic.  Got on St route 266 what a mistake that was!  They were doing a lot of construction an DC had to r u de in alot I c mud. My bike an DC I were bo ty h covered in mud. Got down the road they had the road down to 2 lanes and no shoulder to ride on. Had to cross over a bridge with traffic going 55 mph trying to figure out how to get across without getting hit. Stood for about a half hour waiting for an opening none came. Saw a semi leaving the gravel pit there and he asked if I had trouble.  I told him trying to get across the bridge but the traffic was to fast. He told me next opening to pull out and he would pull out behind me to slow traffic.  He did that and I got across the bridge safely.
The route my iPhone had me on took me down a bike path. Riding the path I got chased by 3 dogs. This is the first time I had to mace a dog. These dogs came fast and we're at my heels. The mace sure did stop them.
The picture is of Tulsa skyline!
Made it to my brother Scott's Wife's brother house for the night.
Don and Kathy very nice people.
Don picked me up in downtown Tulsa. Soon as we got to his house pulled out the hose to spray off the mud. DoN and I went to the store to pick up brats for dinner his wife made some potato salad and blueberry muffins. Great dinner! Brought out chocolate chip cookies also.
Watching the Indians game now.
Showered and did laundry!  All packed and ready to go.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day