Day 23 of my journey riding,
Woke up early and Heath coming out asking if I'm up. Brought me in a cup of coffee then his whole family came in to say good bye at 6am. What a great way to start my day. Heath and I meet Ryan at the waffle house for breakfast! Ryan before I forget tell Haley I'm sorry for not getting her name right last night! !
After breakfast Heath drove me out to Rt 66 to get my journey started. Kinda of bitter sweet. I really enjoyed my time with the family but also was glad to be back riding.
Came across a couple from Holland today. They had come from California heading to Chicago on RT 66. They cover between 50- 60 miles a day and stay in hotels. Would be great if you could afford it.
I got in 55 miles today. Staying on the west side of Carthage Mo. Not to far from the original Rt 66 out door drive in. About 12 miles to Joplin MO.
Staying at a new Campground very nice.
Calling for a lot of rain the next couple days.
Hoping to make it into Kansas tomorrow!
Then Oklahoma on Tuesday.
What a great day to ride! Only had a pick up with his mirror just graze my wind breaker!! That close!!
Tent set up,shower done and laundry done now to call it a night.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day