Day 26 of my journey riding,
Started out as a nice cool morning.  Rode about a mile and a half before breakfast.
Ate breakfast headed out on RT 66. About 6 miles into my ride what comes out of the woods but a Bob Cat. It is around 30 yards from me and it stops in the road looking at me. I tried to turn my go pro on but it took off before I could!  This truly was aN exciting morning ride!
Warm Shower host Doyle got a hold of me and I am staying with him for the night in Claremore OK.
Another Warm Shower Host got back with me later and she will come by to say Hi. She is from Seven Hills Ohio.  She has cousins from Olmsted Falls where I grew up. I do not know them nut I'm sure some of the Spanulos might. There last name is Shin graduated in 76 I think she said. Small world.




So we go Downtown Tulsa to see the Artcars
They had there. Then we go to where they are having a community dinner which I did not know it was for the homeless.! This was such a eye opening evening! The community was set up to give haircuts, hand out clothing. The we're also giving out dog and cat food.  
All this was set up under a bridge in town and you could see where some of the people were living under that bridge.
I really appreciate what I have but feel sorry for those who have not!
So on our way out Karin who has been our guide for the evening drops us off in the center of town and tells us to go to the center of the square and stand on the dot.
This is supposed to be the center of the Universe. Standing on that spot you could here your voice echo.
But we had to wait for the young man and his girlfriend to come up his family was filming his proposal at that time. 
What an interesting and yet strange evening for my stay in Claremore Ok.
I will be riding to Tulsa tomorrow to stay with Scott's wife Karen brother 
What a day!!
Good night
God Bless 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day