Day 41 of my journey riding,
Started out this morning with the temp at 67° first thing. Had to ride interstate 40 for 15 miles. 14 miles in to the ride I have a flat tire! Walked the bike the last mile because I did not want to hang out on Interstate 40 changing my tire. Got off and got my tire changed and talked with a couple workers tearing down an old gas station where I changed my tire. Headed back out about 45 minutes later. Planned on riding 33 miles when I got to the gas station where I was hoping to spend the night the owner was not letting anyone camp there  anymore.  So had some water and a Gatorade and talked with a couple from Dallas. They were heading to Vegas on a motorcycle.  Young couple who were very nice and saying how impressed they were thar I was riding all this way. Before they left the young man's wife brought me over a couple of energy bars for my ride! I thanked them and they left. So I decided to continue riding. Rode another 17 miles and the storm started moving in! The wind picked up so much that is was blowing me off my bike. Had to get off and push my bike. There was a gas station there and a gentleman named Tony drove me the last 8 miles to the hotel. 4 straight days of riding so I plan on taking a day off tomorrow.
A couple set back today but a couple of generous people that make it that much better.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day