Well the rain stopped so started my 3rd day of my journey. The temp was 31 degrees when I left around 7:30am. The wind was from the NW. This made for a better ride with the wind at my back. Got about 10 miles in on the ride and a little pizza place was open for coffee. Philomenas Pizzeria 2 gentleman were there. We started talking about fishing and biking. Showed me a couple of some big bass the caught on Christmas this year. Would of loved to been there myself! Getting ready to leave and to pay for the coffee said it was on the house. I thanked him and went on my way. Rode for about 2 1/2 hrs came across this little gas and deli sign saying Castles. The weather had warmed up so I was soaked. Ordered a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Sat at a little table in the back and drying out my coats. She brought back my sandwich and had put everything on it. We talked a bit and she was telling me how she used to bike ride till she got chased by a dog and fell. She has not rode since. I felt sorry for her she has also battled with cancer 3 times and is doing well. Finished my lunch and contained on till I rode into the town of Sunbury. Came across Virgil's Jerky Plus so I had to stop and get someJerky! Talked with owner Virgil about where he gets his bison from. He was telling me that he gets it from South Dakota that the bison are all grass fed and the bison farms in Ohio do not have enough grass in the winter so they have to grain feed the bison. He says the bison has a better taste when grass fed year round. Brought out a lot of samples to try! Tried a few and settled on a garlic peppered jerky very good. Sat and finished my sample and he gave me a couple of bottles of water for my journey! I have met some interesting and very nice people today!
If you want to order any bison jerky here is his email.
virgilsjerkyplus@gmail.com
So ended up in Columbus today after riding 66 miles. Spending the night with Tony and Krista!
Love my family.
Will see what tomorrow brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day