Day 12 of riding on my journey,
Got up to a cool morning! Waited for the office to open at the camp ground for my morning coffee.  Barb the owner came in made coffee and sat around with her sons and grandfather talking about my journey. Very nice people. Doing a lot of work at the camp ground fixing it up. Will love to stop back there sometime to check it out and do some fishing! Left out around 9 am.  Went thru  a town Vandalia that was the state Capitol in the 1800. Will post picture sometime soon. Still trying to figure out this blog stuff. I will have my friend Eric look at it next week and get me squared away before I head out to California.
Looking to do maybe 70 miles but only got in 63 miles. Staying in someone's backyard. The people I contacted on Warmshowers did not get my message till I was passed there place so they contacted there daughter and asked if I could camp in her backyard! Her daughter said ok there are not living here yet they just gutted the place and are redoing the inside. Beautiful and big backyard! Have my tent set up and looking to go to bed early. Only have 9 miles to the KOA I will be staying at the next 2 nights. Just some R&R till Wednesday when I fly back for my retirement and party! Looking forward to seeing family and friends.
I don't want to run my battery dead cause I don't have electric till I get to the camp grounds.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day