Day 10 of my journey!  Today started a little cool and with light rain. As the morning went on the rain stopped and stayed over cast. I stopped to take off my rain gear and put it away when a young lady stopped and offered me a bottle of water which i accepted and thanked her. That was a first that a young lady stopped. Riding was a bit slow do to the wind was in my face.
 This is the 2nd covered bridge that I have ridden across.  The first one was at a bottom of a hill as soon as I crossed it there was a big bump and both my back panniers bags flew off! Thankfully there was no one behind me to hit them!
Here is also a picture of a cool barn that I passed shortly after going thru the bridge.
Staying at a camp ground outside Effingham Illinois called Camp Lakewood.
Nice little camp ground to stay at also have a bar here! Guess where I will be later.
Tent set up shower done and now doing laundry.
41 miles completed today! Now over 500 miles in!!!!
Calling for rain tonight.  Only doing 25-30 miles tomorrow.
Saturday the weather will be better.
Touched base with Nick Knoblauch about spending a night there and him storing my bike for a week. He said no problem what a great kid!!
Well need to finish laundry.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

  1. Remember that great "kid" graduates with his Master of Divinity May 13th! Give him a hug and kiss from his Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day