Official day 6 of riding on my journey. I had missed 2 days early on. Think I am back on track. Started the day off going to breakfast with Nancy. She brought out her bike to ride to the restaurant with me the tires were low so I pumped them up and we rode around town to the diner. Cambridge City Indiania is a nice small town. Nancy has this big house which she opened up for me. Had my own room with a inflatable air mattress that I slept well on! Only thing watch out for her dog it takes awhile for it to warm up to you! I have the teeth marks to prove it. Haha.
After breakfast she rode with me to the edge of town said good by.
Got out around 9 am by 10 the weather had warmed up and the sun was out so I stopped to look for my sun block and could not find it. Called Nancy and asked her if I left it there and I did..
Rode for a couple hours before I could find some place to buy some.
I was riding just outside of Indianapolis and a gentleman was driving the other way stopped and asked if I was training or go somewhere ? I told him where I was going so he got out of his truck and introduced himself we talked a bit then he asked if I wanted something cold to drink. I said ok he said he would go to a gas station and get me a Gatorade and meet me down the road. I said ok told him my directions and sure enough he came back with 2 waters and 3 Gatorades. After riding in 78 degree heat all day what a blessing. He and his wife bike so he understands how it is riding for long distant.
Tracy Smith was his name. Thank you Tracy!!
Finished my 58-60 mile ride with detours today. At Andy and Mary's place in Indianapolis for the night. Tonight there daughter went to prom with some friends very pretty!
There son John came home from work and we all went to dinner and they picked up the tab even tho I tried to pay for it.
What a blessing my riding days have been so far!!
Looking to do around 30 miles tomorrow .
Good night
God Bless

Comments

  1. Too bad your travels aren't taking you through Bloomington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read this every day. I can't wait to get each update. Very proud of you. Stay strong. You are an inspiration to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smith 4,
      Now I no who it is!
      Keep,reading
      Love ya dear. I respond sooner next time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day