Day 11 of my journey,
Well last night was interesting with the wind and marble size hail. This last about a half hour. The ground was coversed completely with hail. My tent handled it well stayed dry all night.
Got up this morning and was talking to my neighbor in a tent next to mine. He was telling me how he walks 5 miles to work at a truck stop. Had his license revoked. Told me he has been separated for 3 yrs. Not sure how he handles that with his wife in California.  The story reminds me of someone I used to work with. I feel sorry for him. Will keep him in my prayers.
Packed up my gear loaded my bike and went to the camp office for a cup of coffee.
Drank my coffee and headed out from Effingham Illinois.  Rode thru a little town called St Elmo. They had a nice monument set up honoring all service men and women. They had from the Civil War thru Iraq Afghanistan War. This was very impressive to me that this small town had such a monument for all who had served from this small town!
At my next camp ground outside Brownsville Illinois. Starting to rain again.
Will have to see what tomorrow brings. I am 74 miles from Granite City Illinois where I plan to stay till Tuesday morning.  Don't know if I can ride it all in one day. The wind is supposed to be at my back tomorrow so possible. Plan on riding to Nicks place on Tuesday morning then spend the night there. Head to airport early Wednesday. Bar Wednesday night. Aces in N Ridgeville.
Today is kinda of a sad day for me a few people know why! Life goes on.
Love my life and family.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day