Day 13 of my journey ,
Rode 11 miles today to Granite City KOA. This is my destination till Tuesday morning and I leave to meet and stay with Nick Knoblauch who will keep my bike till I come back from my retirement.
What a journey it has been so far!
Yesterday was a tough day of riding! I rode a lot of bike trails that had gravel on them. This took me longer then I had planned. I need to make sure I have plenty of food and water. When I got to the town of Edwardsville Illinois I was waiting on a call from the warm shower host. When she did get a hold of me I was already past her location. She told me I could camp in her daughters back yard. I am so thankful for that. Someone you don't even know goes out of there way to accomadate me in my travels! How blessed I felt last night for that! Pretty good nights sleep. Got up packed up everything and headed towards Granit City. Stopped at a Waffle House for breakfast. Sure felt better after a good breakfast. Finished my short ride to the KOA campground. Let me check in early.
Shower and laundry done.
Total 630 miles completed!
PMA
More later!!!!!
 I DONE IT!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day