Day 66 of my journey riding,
Got up at 4:30 and left by 5 am. I was surprised by the number of homeless on the street at this time in Barstow!
The temp was only 70° when I strated out but the wind was out of the west 15-20 mph.
Slight up hill ride today but the wind made it seem harder. Reached my destination around 10 am. In Helendale California at the Inn at Silver Lake. Nice place checked me in early. Golf course here so I went over around 11am to play 18 but the had group's going out and would not have any tee times till after 1.
Went to the restaurant at the hotel for lunch. Sat at the bar and had a beer talking with Katie the bar tender. Had another beer and ordered lunch witch I took a picture of and posted. At my lunch ordered another beer. Katie and I talked for a bit. We had a few things in common. She had gone through some tough times but now her life is on track and is a very happy young lady!
Again the generosity of people still surprise me! Went to pay my bill and Katie had paid for my lunch and beer! Wish I had gotten a picture of her to post on the blog. The little things in life do matter! She had asked alot of questions about my travels. She was truly interested in my journey!
Thank you Katie for the conversation and your generosity.
Looking for ward to getting to Victorville tomorrow. Plan on spending 2 nights there.
My journey continues but slowly coming to an end.
Let's see what awaits the next few days!
Good night
God Bless


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day