Day 63 of my journey riding,
The day started out warm about 82° this morning. Got on the r I ad about 5am. The first 30 miles went fast. Most of the ride was down hill. The next 10 was up hill. I was planning on staying about the 40 mile ride  when I got to where I would be able to camp I did not feel comfortable staying there. So the next place was 28 miles further. So I continued on about 54 miles in to the ride I had flat number 8. So I had to change the tire in the desert!  Everything was so hot the tire, tube and tools. I  sat on a rock to pump up the tire and was not able to sit while changing my tire. At this point all my water was hot and I was exhausted.
I was not sure if I would be able to continue!  I really felt that I could not continue! Started to feel some heat exhaustion coming on. Drank my hot water got out an energy bar and my goo. When I finished eating I prayed and then pushed on. Took a while  to ride the last 14 miles but I did it! I made it thru the desert only with 1 night stay in the tent!
I have a couple pictures if the sunrise.
1 picture coming down into the desert.
Meet Brad along the way headed home to Wisconsin! We talked a bit. He has done a couple cross country rides.
Also one of the highlights for me was before I had my flat I had stopped and was drinking some water when the young girl passed me going the other direction. She stopped and turned around came back and asked me if I would like some more water! I said that would be great. The water was cold since all my was warm what a blessing. She introduced herself, Mallory and I told her my name. When I told her my name she of course it was. For some reason I think she most of known a Lance!  I think something made her come back. She seemed happy when we departed. Thank you God.
Over all an exhilarating and exhausting day.
68 miles thru the desert and I made it!!
Taking off tomorrow to recoup.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day