Today started a little early. Woke up around 5:30am. Looked at my weather map and said rain about 7am. Packed up my gear and started out. Couple miles down the road I stopped for a cup of coffee.  Within a 1/2 hr thunder and lightning.  Found a building being renovated with a good size overhang.  Hung out the for about 1 hr. Storm passed headed out. I was warned of a couple rolling hills. Let me tell you it was more then a couple. Almost 20 miles of rolling hills.  The last 13 miles was mostly downhill!! Got to the VFW in Alpeana and the place they first told me to camp would not be very secure and quiet.  After sitting and talking with a couple members I was able to camp in there fenced in backyard! Larry the head guy here unlocked the back gate so k can leave in the morning and lock up when I leave. Chris the bartender and John and Jerry made sure Larry came back to unlock the gate. John and his wife Val bought pizza for us and John was my sponsor so I could have a couple beers.  VETERANS rock. Heading out tomorrow for Roger City. Almost a 40 mile ride. Should be hilly with a west wind. See how it goes. I have my tent set up and charging all my equipment.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

  1. Hahahahaa... I bet you are missing our Florida "hills" now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day