Good evening All,
Today was a great day for riding! Started out on the bike trail. Did not turn on my GPS because I was riding on the bike trail so I thought. About 5 miles out turned on my GPS to see how far along I was and its telling me to do a upturn. Come to find out the bike trailxut off while I'm just riding along a state route that just happened to look like a bike trail. So I ended up riding at least 10 miles out of my way.  If you overridden a bike 10 miles is a long way plus th ed 60 lbs of gear I carry. So ride back the 5 miles to wear I started and the bike trail cross here. Well I'm what a start to my day. Alot of rolling hills along the way. Instead if doing 35 miles or so now I'm doing close to 50.
Stopped at a small diner for lunch called Southern Palate in Dunnellon. Had Fried chicken with rice and green beans and Mac and cheese. Talk about home cooking.  Excellent food great th service..
After lunch headed to Williston FL. Looking for a place to stay here. No hotel or Air B&B.  There is a Amvets in town so I was headed there ed to see if I could camp out back or whatever. Pam had contact our friend Shirley. So Jerry drove over to Williston an  picked me up. Saved me 28 miles of riding after my screw up this morning.  Would not of made it to there house before dark.
Thanks to good friends! The State Route would have a shoulder to ride on 1 minute then gone the next.
Still all n all a great th day to ride
Pam and her daughter Heather will I'll be here tomorrow. Get to spend New Year's with them.
Tired so calling it a night.
Thank you Jerry, Shirley and Trisha and Maddee
Good night
God Bless

Comments

  1. Wrong Way Lance (WWL)! Never met a touring cyclist that does not have a good 10 mile out of the way, dang it, story. Enjoy the ride, unexpected sights and newfound adventures, planned or not!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day