Good evening All,
What a great way to start a day. Kirk made poached eggs, sausage, hash browns and apple turnovers for breakfast!! Then they gave me some jerky, energy bars and nuts to take on the road. Thanks Kirk and Sue!!
After breakfast said our good byes. What a great morning,  the temps in the 60s to start the day. Rode about 12 miles and heard a loud pop. Got off checked my spokes on the rear tire. 1 spoke broke. Little bike shop I ran across and he was able to repair it right away. Between the bike shop and where I'm staying in Stuart I have 3 more broken spokes. Total of 5 in 3 days. Look to get some heavier rims for my bike.  The rims are not holding up to the weight.

Today  was a slow ride due to the wind. 15-18mph with gust to 25.
Staying at my first warmshowers  host tonight. Great place and great guy Tim.
Tim showed me to my room and where everything else was.  Got my shower and he went out and brought back a nice burger for me. Told me I could do a load of laundry which I did. For dinner we made tacos.  Great conversation before and after dinner.
Tim said he would ride with me to the bike shop in the morning. Still should be on schedule to be in Miami on Wednesday.
That's all for tonight.
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day