Drove to Modesto

Drove to Modesto today to visit with our old neighbors!  Got there a little early and found a park for a quick 10 mile ride before going there.
The Grants lived 2 doors from us growing up.  I have not seen them in over 40 yrs. I was welcomed like we had never lost touch! I truly enjoyed sitting and talking with Mr & Mrs Grant. They might be old but they are very in touch with the world around them!  I took in a bottle of wine for a welcome. Mrs Grant meet me at the door and welcomed me. Renee was the next one I meet. Quick hugs for all then Mr Grant came in. We sat and talked about all the old neighbors! Michelle and her husband Bill came in next. We sat and talked then had a nice meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and greenbeans for lunch with the wine I brought and they pulled out a bottle of Biltmore Estate Chenin Blanc. This was a very good wine! Danny came in after work I rode with him to home Depot pick up a few things. Got to relive part of my youth today. I hope to stay in touch with them from here on out.

Well there calling for more rain and some heavy winds tonight. Packed up all my stuff out side so all I have to do is fold down the camper.  If the winds get to 60 miles an hour tonight will make for a rough night. I am heading to Petaluma tomorrow for 5 to 7 days. This will depend more on the weather.
Only have a couple pictures to post today. I think 1 rainbow. I have seen a rainbow almost every day for a week!
Will post a picture of the Grant family.
From the left is Renee granddaughter then Mr Grant. Danny, Mrs Grant, Renee, Michelle and her husband Bill I believe. Sorry not great with names. Bill is from Olmsted Falls also.
Thank you for a wonderful day!
Good night
God Bless

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day