Drugs Idaho, Total Solar eclipse

Our first day of riding was great. Some up hill but a lot of down hill. They have rest area with snacks and drinks every 15 miles or so. The scenery is beautiful.  Hope to post pictures in the next couple days when we get better reception.
Day 2 started of tough with a big up hill climb. What a beautiful sunrise on a cool morning.  Temps in the morning 35-40 When we start off. Pam made 10 mile ride and her knee started hurting. She had to take a sag in to camp. She doing well for first time major riding. I continued to finish the last 37 miles. A lot of climbing the rest of the day. Got to the section if road that was gravel for just under 2 miles. The road was a wash board for most of it. This is where I saw the eclipse.  How awesome to be riding and stopping to see this event with the Grand Teton in the back ground. Like I say I'm truly blessed to be doing what I'm doing. Made it to camp while the eclipse was finishing. All I can say is WOW!
Today is a day off so will go into town if Driggs and look around.
Tomorrow is a 60 mile day. Pam will try and push thru since she has been able to rest her knee and have the staff here help fit her to the bike better.
Yesterday was bitter sweet for me. 14 yrs ago my daughter Pam passed away. Very emotional during the solar eclipse thinking if her!  Miss you LOVE you.  Never forget you!!
So today recoup enjoy the view of the Grand Tetons and walk around town.
Good day
God Bless
Pictures to come when I get better reception.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd day